I don’t do tags often but this one looked fun. I was tagged by the oh so lovely Laura @ thebookcorps! If you are ever in need of a book recommendation, she is your girl.
Let’s do this:
BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR SO FAR
- Oh this is tough. I already have a list of my best reads this year and there are currently 7 books on it…….. I think I’ll go with Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst. Gotta love badass princesses and a romance that actually makes sense.
BEST SEQUEL OF THE YEAR SO FAR
- Definitely Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo! I loved the Shadow and Bone Trilogy as a whole so no question about it.
A NEW RELEASE YOU HAVEN’T READ YET BUT WANT TO:
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo. I often go to book stores with my friend Bria and she pointed out that every time we pass this book, I touch it. I really want to buy it but I need the second one to be out because I don’t want to wait. I love Nikolai and the GrishaVerse and I cannot wait to jump in it!
MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE FOR THE SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR:
- Of Ice and Shadows by Audrey Coulthurst! Luckily the wait is almost over. Princess Peach and Katniss return 🙂
YOUR BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT OF THE YEAR SO FAR:
- Without question: Odd One Out by Nic Stone. I hated this book so much that I took notes in it. You can check out my super ranty review here.
YOUR BIGGEST SURPRISE OF THE YEAR SO FAR:
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. This one was a surprise because I knew that it would be good but I had no idea that I would fall in love with it the way I did. I’m planning to reread it within the next few months.
YOUR NEW FAVORITE AUTHOR:
- Diana Wynne Jones. Howl’s gave me a major book hangover.
YOUR NEWEST FAVORITE CHARACTER:
- Evelyn Hugo. I don’t think I need to say more
YOUR NEWEST FICTIONAL CRUSH:
- Nikolai Lantsov.
A BOOK THAT HAS MADE YOU CRY:
- I don’t think I’ve read a real tearjerker since They Both Die at the End.
A BOOK THAT HAS MADE YOU HAPPY:
- Howl’s Moving Castle. Honestly, it gives off a similar magical feeling that you would get from HP
THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK OF THE YEAR SO FAR:
- Also Howl’s. However, that’s because I listened to it on audiobook and the narrator is fantastic.
SOME BOOKS YOU NEED TO READ BEFORE 2019 ENDS:
- Vicious by V. E. Schwab, The Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, and Inkmistress by Audrey Coulthurst. Why they all happen to have red covers, I don’t know