Here are the best books from this past year!
You Know You Want It by Carla Robinson
- A fantastic debut novel that exposes rape culture in every way possible. This is really a book that everyone should read in order to learn how to be a part of the solution instead of the problem. Read my review here.
A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult
- I just wrote a discussion post for this yesterday that I strongly encourage anyone to join. This is Picoult’s most recent novel about the struggle of women’s reproductive right. Read my review here.
We’re Going to Need More Wine by Gabrielle Union
- I love Gabrielle Union as an actress and I love following her instagram account. She is funny, relateable and real. As someone who is very new to non fiction, I highly recommend this book.
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- This is another book that everyone needs to read. You can only go so long trying to believe that racism isn’t still a problem. If that’s really what you think then you need to read this more than anyone. Read my review and discussion post here.
A Simple Favor by Darcey Bell
- I feel like this book is the kind that turns into a Lifetime movie. All the drama and suspense make for a fantastic story. Read my review here.
Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
- I’m really kicking myself for waiting so long to read this! I love Rupi Kaur, I cannot wait to read The Sun and Her Flowers!
The Six of Crows Duology by Leigh Bardugo
- Again, I should have read this sooner! The characters, the world, the job. All of it is amazing! Check out my reviews here.
Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Oh, how I miss the Obamas. If you are looking to read this I highly recommend the audiobook and listening to the story from the First Lady herself.
They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
- The title says it all and yet my heart was still broken. Oh, if anyone has recommendations by Adam Silvera please send them along. Read my review of They Both Die at the End here.
That’s all! What did you read this year? What were some of your favorites? Let me know!