Saw this over at Book Addict Rambles. I rarely do tags anymore but this one was too good to pass up.
1. NOPE ENDING: A BOOK ENDING THAT MADE YOU GO NOPE EITHER IN DENIAL, RAGE, OR SIMPLY BECAUSE THE ENDING WAS CRAPPY.
Allegiant (Divergent #3). This is a nope of rage. Of all the ways that it could have ended……she went through all of that just for THAT to happen? What hell did I read all of this for??
Also, the ending to The Mortal Instruments. She should have left it as a trilogy because it’s extremely obvious that that was her intention. Literally she made 3 additional books just so that the 6th book could end the way the 3rd book ended. WHY?
2. NOPE PROTAGONIST: A MAIN CHARACTER YOU DISLIKE AND DRIVES YOU CRAZY.
The guy from The Spectacular Now. I don’t remember his name but he was an asshole. And I don’t mind that it’s one of those stories where you don’t get the happy ending that you’re hoping for and I appreciate that… but he’s just a shitty person.
3. NOPE SERIES: A SERIES THAT TURNED OUT TO BE ONE HUGE PILE OF NOPE AFTER YOU’VE INVESTED ALL OF THAT TIME AND ENERGY ON IT, OR A SERIES YOU GAVE UP ON BECAUSE IT WASN’T WORTH IT ANYMORE.
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I wanted so badly to like that series but it was awful. The world, the language, the characters. AWFUL. But if you like the series, I’ve heard that he’s creating a spinoff.
4. NOPE POPULAR PAIRING: A SHIP YOU DON’T SUPPORT.
I can’t think of anything for this one at the moment.
5. NOPE. PLOT TWIST: A PLOT TWIST YOU DIDN’T SEE COMING OR DIDN’T LIKE.
Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult. This book threw me for a fucking loop. I got to the twist and I was like, “Wait WHAT?!” BUT HOW???
6. NOPE. PROTAGONIST ACTION/DECISION: A CHARACTER DECISION THAT MADE YOU SHAKE YOUR HEAD NOPE.
Hmm…. I got nothing.
7. NOPE. GENRE: A GENRE YOU WILL NEVER READ.
I will read just about anything to be honest.
8. NOPE. BOOK FORMAT: BOOK FORMATTING YOU HATE AND AVOID BUYING UNTIL IT COMES OUT IN A DIFFERENT EDITION.
I don’t have a problem with any format. I love when books have multiple perspectives or are written in messages or diaries or whatever. I think it’s really cool.
9. NOPE. TROPE: A TROPE THAT MAKES YOU GO NOPE.
Where to begin.
Characters based solely on harmful stereotypes.
The one where the girl has 0 self esteem until some random dude tells her she’s pretty.
The world is ending but oh look … a love triangle.
Stupid shit like that.
10. NOPE. RECOMMENDATION: A BOOK RECOMMENDATION THAT IS CONSTANTLY HYPED AND PUSHED AT YOU THAT YOU SIMPLY REFUSE TO READ.
Anything by John Green.
11. NOPE. CLICHE/PET PEEVE: A CLICHE OR WRITING PET PEEVE THAT ALWAYS MAKES YOU ROLL YOUR EYES.
Describing people of color with food. Stop that shit.
12. NOPE. LOVE INTEREST: THE LOVE INTEREST THAT’S NOT WORTHY OF BEING ONE. A CHARACTER YOU DON’T THINK SHOULD HAVE BEEN A VIABLE LOVE INTEREST.
Simon Lewis. Just because he was Clary’s best friend doesn’t mean he gets to be in a relationship with her. Just because he “loved” her doesn’t mean that she has to love him back. And you can’t get mad at somebody for not knowing that you have feelings for them when you spend so much time trying to make them jealous by swooning over someone else. Clary didn’t owe him a damn thing.
Also, Jacob from effing Twilight because it’s weird. Like “oh Bella, I love you so much, I would die for you. Kiss me now (even though you’re engaged) or I will let myself die in this battle. Oh Bella…………………Just kidding, imma marry your daughter.
13. NOPE. BOOK: A BOOK THAT SHOULDN’T HAVE EXISTED THAT MADE YOU SAY NOPE.
I don’t know. I don’t think I’ve hated any book THAT much.
14. NOPE. VILLAIN: A SCARY VILLAIN/ANTAGONIST YOU WOULD HATE TO CROSS AND WOULD MAKE YOU RUN IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION.
I think this question is better fit for movies. Or maybe I just don’t really read books with badass villains.
15. NOPE. DEATH: A CHARACTER DEATH THAT STILL HAUNTS YOU.
16. NOPE. AUTHOR: AN AUTHOR YOU HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE READING AND HAVE DECIDED TO QUIT.
John Green. Sarah Dessen. Beth Patillo. Veronica Roth.
That was kind of fun. If you want to do this tag, go for it!!