For anyone who needs a reminder or is new to the Bookmark Chronicles, here are the rules: Every Monday I will post a This or That Challenge where we will choose between two characters or scenarios. On Friday we will see which scenario/character wins. Feel free to either comment your choice below or make your own post and link it back here!
By no means do you have to feel obligated to do every single challenge, but I would love to hear all of your opinions! If you can only really talk about one scenario then go for it. Also, if you have any suggestions or would like to write a guest post about any of the This or That? topics let me know!
This week I want to know…
Have you ever given a book a one star (out of 5) rating?
If so, give the title and why didn’t you like it (or them if it’s happened more than once).
For me, one star ratings are books that are so horrible I DNF them.
I don’t do that often and I usually try to finish anything that I start, but some of them are just too horrible!
Books that I’ve given one star to include:
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer
- I don’t even think I made it to 100 pages. It was so slow and incredibly boring.
- The Return of Jonah Gray by Heather Cochran
- I think this was about an auditor who falls in love with a guy she doesn’t know or something. I looked up the ending and still can’t remember honestly.
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Totally overrated. Something that happens before even halfway through the book makes the story pointless. The “resolution” was the dumbest thing ever.
- Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire
- I was so excited about this book. It sounded awesome, it’s by the guy who wrote Wicked! But the way it’s written makes it so hard to read.
I think those are it.
What about you? What books have you only given one star to? Let me know!