Happy Monday (those don’t really exist but let’s pretend)! So this weeks challenge is between…
Physical books vs eBooks
I think I know what most people will say but I think that both of these has positive features.
- you can pretty much fit your entire library into one small, slender device.
- cheaper books (because you paid for the device)
- Instant gratification! Start reading as soon as you buy it instead of waiting for it to ship
- adjustable font size (for when I don’t have my glasses)
- easily portable
- environment friendly
- adjustable back light, so I don’t have to get up to turn the light off before going to sleep
- Pretty, you get to see the cover
- I don’t know why but there is something satisfying about turning the page
- new book smell
- ability to interact with the book (Don’t freak out! I know that some of you think that writing in books is a crime) But I rent used textbooks for school and 90% of the time they already have been written in. On the other hand, if the textbook in brand new, I will not be the first to write in it.
So clearly ebooks have a lot of advantages but in my experience they are easily destructible. My first Kindle, I used to keep in the side pocket of my laptop case. But one day I came home and set the bag down by the couch. My youngest brother knocks the bag over AND THEN steps on it. So I go to check on it and then screen is permanently frozen.
Luckily, I still had a warranty so I got a replacement for free. I stopped keeping in my laptop case but somehow the same thing happened and the screen froze. Haven’t used a Kindle since.
With that being said, I choose physical copies although I did at one point really enjoy ebooks.
What about you? Which do you prefer, physical books or ebooks?